Turkey Curry Sliders with Roasted Tomatoes and Eggplant
These Indian-inspired sliders are packed with flavor.
- 2 vine ripe yellow or orange tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Sprinkle of sugar
- 2 baby Japanese eggplant
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for brushing and drizzling
- 1 small red onion
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 inches fresh ginger root, peeled
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 scallions, whites and greens finely chopped
- A handful of cilantro, finely chopped
- A small handful of mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup curry powder, 4 tablespoons
- OR mix your own curry blend using:
- 1 rounded tablespoon ground cumin, a palmful
- 1 rounded tablespoon ground coriander, a palmful
- 2 tablespoons turmeric, 2 scant palmfuls
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom, 1/3 palmful
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/3 palmful
- 12 slider rolls
- Mango chutney
- Greek yogurt, optional topping
Yields: Makes 12 sliders
Arrange a cooling rack over a baking sheet. Preheat oven to 300°F.
Season tomatoes with salt, pepper and a light sprinkle of sugar. Roast tomatoes 45 minutes to 1 hour, until caramelized. Remove tomatoes to a plate and reserve. Raise the oven temp to 450°F.
Cut tops and trim bottom of eggplant. Cut into slices 1/2-inch thick, brush with EVOO and season with salt and pepper. Roast 15 minutes, remove and cool.
Slice red onion into thin rings and dress with lime juice, a drizzle of oil and season with salt and pepper.
Place turkey in bowl and grate ginger overr bowl. Add garlic, scallions, cilantro, mint, salt, pepper and curry spices; mix to combine. To test spice level, make a tiny patty the size of a quarter and cook it up. Taste it to adjust seasonings then form 12 slider-size patties, drizzle burgers with EVOO and cook on a grill, griddle pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
Arrange slider bottoms on a platter and top with the patties. Top burgers with oven-dried tomatoes, roasted eggplant, onion rings and some mango chutney. Set bun tops in place with a small dollop of yogurt, if using.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook