Ultimate Tostada Bar: Margarita Grilled Chicken
Try this with Rachael's Smoky Refried Beans for a yummy Mexican-style Chicken Club experience!
- Juice of 2 limes
- Juice of 1/2 orange
- 2 shots tequila
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pasted
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons, half a palmful, cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander, half a palmful
- About 1/3 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken breast cutlets or boneless, skinless thighs
- Generous handful cilantro, chopped, optional
Yields: Makes 2 pounds of chicken, 12-14 tostadas
Whisk lime and orange juice with tequila, garlic, jalapeno, cumin, coriander and oil in a large dish. Add chicken to marinade, cover and chill 1-3 hours.
Heat indoor or outdoor grill or griddle pan to medium-high. Shake off excess marinade and grill chicken 3-4 minutes on each side for cutlets, 5 minutes on each side for thighs.
Slice chicken and garnish with chopped cilantro, if using. Serve on top of tostadas topped with spicy refried beans. Top chicken with vegetable garnishes of choice and serve.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook