Vidalia Bullseye Patties
This unique burger is packed with sweet onion flavor and a buttery finish!
- 4 thick cut slices of Vidalia onion, or other sweet, large onions, about 1-inch thick
- 4 small bamboo skewers or long toothpicks
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for liberal drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (choose chuck for buttery burgers or sirloin for leaner patties)
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- 3 to 4 tablespoons grated onion
- 4 slices good quality Swiss cheese
- 4 slices good quality white bread, toasted and lightly buttered
Yields: Serves 4
Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Secure onions with toothpicks so they stay intact when flipped. Dress onions with EVOO, salt and pepper and add to hot pan; caramelize onions for 3 - 4 minutes on each side.
While onions cook, place meat in a bowl and mix with Worcestershire, mustard, salt, pepper and grated onion – grate onion directly over the meat so that it catches all the juice.
Remove the onions from the skillet and drizzle a little more oil into the pan and wipe it around with a paper towel. When the pan smokes, add meat in 4 mounds, press mounds down with spatula and cook 4 minutes until brown and crisp. Flip and press again, caramelize the second side. Fold the cheese to fit the patties and cover pan with loose foil for a minute to melt the cheese, remove pan from heat.
kitchen tipssee all »
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook