Yakitori Noodle Bowls
This yummy Japanese dish is a whole meal in one!
- 1 pound soba noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated or finely minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bunches scallions, trimmed of roots and cut into 2-inch pieces on an angle
- 1/3 cup dry sherry (eyeball it)
- 1/3 cup tamari (eyeball it)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
Yields: 4 servings
Place a large pot of water over high heat for the noodles. Once boiling, add some salt and the noodles and cook according to package directions. Drain thoroughly.
While the water is coming up to a boil, place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 turns of the pan of vegetable oil, about 2 tablespoons. Toss the chicken with the grated ginger and season with some pepper. Add the chicken to the hot skillet, spread it out in an even layer and let it brown up a couple of minutes.
Shake and stir the skillet to turn the chicken pieces then add the scallions, sherry, tamari, sugar and sesame oil, bring up to a bubble and simmer one minute.
Add the drained noodles to the skillet and toss to combine. To serve, transfer to serving bowls and sprinkle with some of the toasted sesame seeds. Serve with Asian Cucumber Spinach Salad alongside.
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook