5-Alarm Cook-Off with NYC's Hurricane Heroes
The "5-Alarm Cook-Off" is an extra special celebration as Rachael uses this year's competition to honor first responders for their heroic efforts after Hurricane Sandy! FDNY from all five boroughs are going head-to-head in the kitchen for our guest judge, The Chew's Carla Hall, with a big prize on the line for their station: GE appliances courtesy of P.C. Richard & Son, a $2,500 gift card from Key Food supermarkets and a $5,000 cash prize from the New York Daily News! Plus, Rachael will send all the competitors home with a set of her pots and pans.
Staten Island: "I feel this dish is a standout because of the spices that I use," says Pete, who is making Turkey Chili for his first time in the finals. "It's a simple dish with big flavor; I'm definitely going to win this!"
Queens: "This is my first time competing," says Rob, whose Fig-and-Pecan Crusted Swai with Jasmine Rice and Snap Peas uses figs from his father's garden. "I know the judges are going to love my dish! Who doesn't love figs?"
Bronx: "The other guys don't have what I've got," says Rob. He's dishing up a French recipe for Barramundi En Papillote and boasts, "The other boroughs have nothing on this dish!"
Brooklyn: John is back for his third cook-off and thinks the third time is the charm when it comes to victory in the kitchen. He's making Warm Orzo Salad with Spinach-Cashew Pesto and Greek Lamb Meatballs. "The other guys? Don't even pick up your knives, don't even bother. I've got this one!"
Also on this show
- Tex-Mex Bacon Cheeseburgers
- Carla Hall's Candied Cranberries
- Carla Hall's Chocolate Ganache
- Carla Hall's Spiced Whipped Cream
- Pomegranate Cranberry Sauce
- Cherry Cranberry Sauce
- Tequila Lime Cranberry Sauce
- Ginger Apple Cranberry Sauce
- Walter Lewis' Caribbean Curry Chicken Pot Pie
- John Sierp's Warm Orzo Salad with Spinach-Cashew Pesto and Greek Lamb Meatballs
- Peter Cooper's Turkey Chili
- Robert Painter's Barramundi En Papillote
- Robert W. Caggiano's Fig-and-Pecan Crusted Swai with Jasmine Rice and Snap Peas
- 4 Ways to Doctor Up Your Cranberry Sauce
- Get a Sneak Peek of Rachael's Smell-O-Vision!
- The Chew's Carla Hall
- Rachael Contributes to Hurricane Relief Efforts
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook