A 5-Alarm Cook-Off
Firefighters from all five New York City boroughs are battling for culinary domination in our Daily News 5-Alarm Cook-Off, and with two returning champs in the kitchen this year's rivalry is extra hot! Top Chef champ and restaurant owner Stephanie Izard is in the judge's seat to decide who wins bragging rights plus a huge prize: GE Café kitchen appliances for their firehouse, $5,000 in cash, a $2,500 Key Food supermarket gift card, and Rach's pots and pans!
Meet the contestants:
The Bronx: Rob says he was "completely in shock" when his dish was defeated during last year's cook-off, so the contender is back with a dish he thinks can't lose: Cajun Duck Creole Grit Pancakes with Bourbon Pecan Currant Sauce. "It's sweet, it's spicy, it's salty; it's the perfect combination of flavors."
Staten Island: "I'm back for my title," says 2009 champ Sal, who won the first cook-off. "This year I'm cooking Spaghetti and Baked Clams. It's a firehouse favorite. Whenever I cook it the guys go crazy for garlic and onions!"
Brooklyn: Jing is making cook-off history as the first paramedic to challenge the firefighters for domination! "I'm going to make every E.M.T. and paramedic in the city proud!" he says. He'll make Pork Belly Negamaki Stuffed with Pulled Duck & Chilled RIce Noodles with Shredded Vegetables. "They don't expect duck, they don't expect pork belly," he says, referring to the judges. "They're not going to know what hit them in the competition!"
Queens: "To all the other boroughs, don't bother coming, because I'm taking it home!" says Chris, who was defeated last year, and is back to overtake last year's champ, Scott. "I can't let his ego get any bigger than it already is!" Chris will try to take home the win with his Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast.
Manhattan: "I'm the reigning champion!" says Scott. "I am back to win." He's making Tandoori Chicken, Masala Couscous, Coriander Chutney & Roasted Zucchini. "I use fire to cook this dish!"
Also on this show
- Scott Worontzoff's Tandoori Chicken, Masala Couscous, Coriander Chutney & Roasted Zucchini
- Christopher White's Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Jing Kong's Pork Belly Negamaki Stuffed w/ Pulled Duck & Chilled Rice Noodles w/ Shredded Vegetables
- Sal DePaola's Spaghetti and Baked Clams
- Robert Painter's Cajun Duck over Creole Grit Pancakes with Bourbon Pecan Currant Sauce
- Sage-Scented Veal Burgers with Fontina & Squash Rings
- Co-Host Monday with Nick Cannon
- Julie Andrews' Most Awkward Stage Moment
- "Loose Cannon" with Nick Cannon and Julie Andrews
- Candyman Nick Cannon
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook