Hayden Panettiere took on the real-life story of American Amanda Knox for tonight's Lifetime movie, about the student in Italy who ended up on trial for the murder of her roommate. "They were going through the appeals when we were still shooting in Italy," Hayden says, about the continuing legal case. "If you go over to Italy it's still on the cover of every newspaper."
She tried to to meet Amanda while filming Amanda Knox Murder on Trial in Italy, but scheduling prevented the introduction. What would Hayden ask Amanda? "I'd be more curious about what she'd say to me," Hayden says, noting her empathy for the young girl. "I genuinely believe that this film and the way it's done is done so tastefully," she says. "It's so fact driven."
Rachael takes a moment to ask about Hayden's other upcoming movie, Scream 4, directed by Wes Craven and returning stars Courtney Cox, Neve Campbell and David Arquette. "We're going to call them the original cast, not the 'old cast' - they don't like that!" she jokes. "They were just so welcoming. When there's something that's a family that's built, you have to earn your place ... and they were just great about it!"
Also on this show
- Chicken and Waffles with Maple Apples
- Slow Cooker Meal: Chicken and Biscuits
- The Best in Breeds from the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show
- Ambush Makeovers at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show
- Gretta's Double-Duty Beauty Tips
- 2-Year-Old Presidential Expert
- "The Kindness Challenge" Update
- Hayden Panettiere: "3 Things You Don't Know About Me"
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook