"I Can't Stand My Booty!"
It's the one area we wish we all could change, and now Gretta's helping three brave ladies put their troubles behind them.
"My Butt is Too Curvaceous"
Britta, 34, says that she has "too much junk in her trunk," which makes it hard to find clothes that fit right. "I have been self-conscious over the years," she admits, "so I'll tend to wear longer shirts to cover it up, or get the clothes a little bit bigger, but then I don't think it's as flattering ... I would love to find a pair of jeans where I feel like my booty isn't taking center stage."
Gretta's "curvaceous" butt fixes:
• "She was wearing straight-leg tapered jeans -- we went to a black, dark wash, and it's gotta be solid. Don't go with faded seats and whiskering -- that is what's going to enhance and make things look lighter, and obviously bigger."
• "If you go with a longer yolk (the second seam underneath the belt line) it always will cut the booty in half. That second little seam there is a great trick."
• "Her pockets were small and spaced out. You want them to be high and closer together."
• "I put her in more of a fitted cardigan. It makes her look overall taller, leaner and longer."
Casey, 34, says that she gained most of her baby weight in her butt. "My rear is just flabby," laments the mother of three. "After each kid, it's gotten a little flabbier, a little wider -- it's just not keeping up." Casey hates trying on clothes so much that she sticks to wearing only four pairs of pants. "If I could find the perfect pair of pants or skirt," she says, "it would just lift my ego a little."
Gretta's tips for Casey:
• "She was wearing really full-legged trouser, full in the seat with a high waist. A high waist is the enemy, you never want to do that. I put her in mid-rise."
• "I put her in a light trouser, so that it enhances and gives you a little more fullness."
• "On the top, she was compensating by going too long. We went with a shorter fitted jacket to balance things off. The seam area of the jacket gives her that little boost and gives the appearance of lift. If it goes too long, it draws the eye down and that's the bad thing to do."
"I have the flattest butt," cries Ashley. "It's pretty much like a pancake." The 24-year-old says she avoids shorts, pants with pockets or skirts -- anything that's going to make her backside more flat. Ashley dreams of having a J-Lo type booty: "If I had more butt," she says, "I would definitely have a little more pep in my step."
Gretta's bottom line:
• "She told me, 'I'm 24, I'm single and looking for a man.' I told her, 'Then get in a dress!' The cinch of the waist [cuts in high], and the little bow in the back, not a bad idea -- it really gives her more contour."
• "The dress [by Diane von Furstenberg] has a little pocket -- not everyone can wear a pocket, but if you want to add more volume, go for it."
Could Gretta have the product that will give your butt a boost?
• The Silicone Butt Enhancement by Beauty Lies Beneath. Gretta shows that they are similar to the "cutlets" that women have been placing in their bras for years. "So now," she says, "not only do you have them in your bra, but you can have them in your butt!"
• The Double-O Push-up Thong by Bubbles Bodywear. "This will slenderize, boost and sculpt," Gretta explains. "And your booty looks great."
• Bubbles Bands by Bubbles Bodywear. "They look like normal stockings," Gretta says, "but it has a band around the top to give you a boost. So it will take care of the saggy or the flabby butt problem."
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook