Mally's Intimates Intervention
Nothing wrecks a perfect outfit more than visible panty lines or falling bra straps! So Mally is back with an "intimates intervention" to solve the most common lingerie dilemmas and offer solutions that will leave your bust and bottom looking better than ever!
Visible panty lines
If you want a smoother look for your behind without going for a thong, Mally recommends the affordable Ambrielle Mystique Fashion Panties, which are similar to a thong but have a slightly wider strap in the back.
Boy shorts are the perfect solution to panties that creep up on you as the day goes on. "They are totally smooth," Mally says, "and will lay flat against your butt."
Loose bra straps
Nothing is more annoying than having to constantly pull up bra straps that never stay up. Mally recommends buying a bra that comes with two sets of straps: "You could wear it as a halter, or as a criss cross in the back to keep everything from moving."
If you are having trouble finding a bra that works with a formal, straight-across strapless dress, Mally suggests Maidenform's underwire line for support, which also sits low in the back.
The next time your man needs to dress up for an event, Mally suggests getting him a pair of boxer briefs. "They have the comfort of a boxer but the support of a brief," she says, adding that they will lie perfectly against his skin so you won't see lines.
More tips from Mally:
• Fabric is important. Nylon/polyester panties don't breathe well, so try a cotton blend or modal, which breathes just like cotton.
• Extend the life of your bra with a bra extender. For only a couple of bucks, you can attach the extender to the straps of your bra to make the bra a little bit bigger, decrease the chances of back bulges and prevent your bra from stretching out.
• Most women buy bras that fit perfectly on the tightest setting, but a bra needs to fit on the furthest setting because they stretch over time. Eventually, you will start moving in to the tighter settings.
• Treat yourself. "I think you have to splurge a little bit when it comes to the right underwear," Mally explains, "because it can make or break an outfit."
- latest show clips
- celebrity friends
- cooking videos
- rachael between the scenes
- backstage pass
- tips and stories
- be on the show
- set tour
- audience tickets
- rachael's bio
- what's rach wearing
- rach on the radio
- follow us on twitter
- join us on facebook